Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Poor baby

My little man was not himself the last 24 hours... I had noticed some white patches in his mouth, as well as pain when feeding, and had a sinking suspicion that we had thrush. When he was up every 30 minutes crying last night(and he usually sleeps a good 5 hours straight!) I knew something was up. So I called the doc and took him in. Come to find out, he has a terrible ear infection! Doc said he has teeny tiny nasal passage ways that are stuffed up and block easily, causing a build up of fluid in his ear canal. She said she has never seen a 3 week old who is breastfed with an ear infection, and this must be pure anatomy related. ::sigh::
Well... I wanted a little one who looked like me, and I got him... But I didn't want all of my health baggage for him! I hope he doesn't live a life full of ear infections and tubes as I did, maybe I had small nasal passage ways as well.
Either way, all he wants to do right now is nurse and cuddle, and I shall oblige. Sorry house work, my baby needs me!

No comments:

Post a Comment